Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Learning to Heal


If you've been following along for a little while, you'll know that I was in a car accident in January that broke my arm and wrist, and required surgery to fix them. It's been over two months since then, and I am beginning to get back to normal, somewhat. I am a stay at home mom, so the hardest part of all of this has been taking care of my rambunctious 11 month old and wondering if I am doing a good enough job with my one good arm. Nora is doing great and I have been feeling more reassured lately that we'll be okay. The other difficult part about this situation, is that I run a handmade home decor business, Foxglo

I am left-handed, and everything I do for my business is very much 
dependent on that. For a long time I wasn't able to work on my shop at all. Recently, I have been trying to work because I am too anxious not to. I like to be busy, so knowing that there is work to be done and new products to be created, but not being able to do them, is such a blow to morale. 

A couple weeks ago, I picked my embroidery needle back up and began making new products. At first, everything was fine. However, embroidering with a broken wrist is not the best idea. It hurts, a lot more than I expected. My family urged me to take a longer break and I am finally ready to listen to them. Unfortunately, it looks like Foxglo will not have any new product launches as soon as I hoped. This is for the best. It is more important to heal correctly than try to rush it. The work isn't going anywhere and I just need to give it a break.

Because I can't sit still for too long, I did manage to set up my temporary desk a little bit, so at least I have a nice and slightly more organized place to sit and work on the blog. It's the little things at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment