Monday, January 27, 2014

Vintage Toys- Fisher Price Loving Family Dolls

Vintage Toys 3- Fisher Price Loving Family dolls

This installment of vintage toys is very exciting for me. If you read my first and second posts, you know that I have started collecting vintage toys I used to have so that Nora can experience them too. This time, I collected these vintage 90's Fisher Price Loving Family dolls as the start to something new and very exciting. Also- are toys from the 90's already considered vintage? That makes me feel old, but that's beside the point. While perusing the internet one day I stumbled upon to this blog post from Life as a Thrifter and I got SO EXCITED. That is the cutest dollhouse I have ever seen and I am now on a mission to make something equally adorable for Nora. She is too young to play with a dollhouse so that gives me about 2-3 years to complete this project. Totally manageable. I might get the same dollhouse because I finally live close to a Hobby Lobby (yes!!), and with a coupon, the kit is very affordable. I plan to follow the progress as the dollhouse comes together here on the blog, so you have that to look forward to as well! Anywho, I decided to get completely ahead of myself and start with the family. This is the same type of family Holly used in her dollhouse and I think it's a great idea. Have you ever seen "dollhouse dolls"? Kinda creepy. These aren't creepy at all and they are fully poseable which is great for toddler play. I got these guys on Ebay for a pretty good price, considering what other shops were trying to sell them for. Part of the fun in searching for vintage toys is finding exactly what you want for a great price. This set was looking a little lonely so I also got....

Vintage Toys 3- Fisher Price Loving Family dolls

A puppy and a rocking horse!

Vintage Toys 3- Fisher Price Loving Family dolls

Seriously, how cute?

Vintage Toys 3- Fisher Price Loving Family dolls

Here they are all together, one big happy family. I hope once Nora is old enough she loves these dolls and the dream dollhouse I have planned for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment