Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strawberry Picking!

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Fun fact, strawberries are my favorite food. Ever. I'm pretty hardcore into strawberries. I have one tattooed on my neck, just in case anyone had any question about it. My parents came up to visit us this past weekend and we decided to take Nora out to pick strawberries for the first time. 

I haven't been to pick strawberries in a really long time. The last time I went I was probably 10 years old. My grandmother took me and I will never forget it because it was about to rain and she kept saying "tunder" and I had no idea what she was talking about until I realized she meant "thunder." Related: I read a poem aloud in an English class in 7th grade and said tunder instead of thunder by accident. Must be a hereditary speech impediment.

ANYWHO. We had a great time. Nora loved it. She walked along the rows with my mom holding her, gripping tight onto two strawberries. Oh, and I obviously dressed her in a strawberry shirt. I love a good theme. 

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Strawberry Picking! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

We happened to go right at the end of strawberry season, so the field was pretty picked over. We ended up with a nice little pint, then went and bought more at the grocery store. That's what you're supposed to do right? Madison was working so we're planning to go again with him. Maybe blueberries next time! I love blueberries almost as much as strawberries. We also might go to a different farm that has activities other than picking. This was just a field. Totally fine but I want to make it more of an adventure. I'll be sure to post about that too! Do you love fruit as much as I love fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment