Saturday, June 21, 2014

I Made a Quilt!

I Made a Quilt! hellokelcey.blogspot.com

When I was in college, I took a class that focused on all different kinds of hand sewing techniques. One of the things we studies was quilting. Ever since I have wanted to make a quilt of my own, but never made the time for it. Until now! Here is my first ever finished quilt. I think it's super cute and glad I finally took the time to do this. 

I decided recently that I was going to add some new products to my shop, Foxglo. Quilts, blankets and pillows were on my mind. Like the rest of my items, these are going to be modern, bold pieces that are meant to bring some fun to your home. I love black and white so a modern herringbone quilt seems like the perfect first try for me. This exact one I'm giving to Nora, because I can't possibly sell my first ever quilt. I made it a toddler size so it will be perfect for her now and for years to come. 



 

The backing of this quilt is a pretty pink arrow print. The edges are hand-bound with black fabric, and the whole thing is 100% cotton.

If you are interested in placing an order for this quilt, I have it listed in my shop here. It is available in toddler size [36"x44"] and throw size [60"x44"]

I hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment