Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Goals


There is something about a new year that is so inspiring and motivating. It feels like this is going to be a great year. I have already done something that I have been wanting to do for many years, which was starting this blog. To keep on motivating myself I created a list of goals for 2014, this picture above is actually the new background on my computer. Here are a few things I want to do in 2014:

Read more- I used to read all the time but as I have gotten older it is something that I can't seem to find the time for. This year I will make time.

Grow Foxglo- I recently started my Etsy shop, Foxglo, and this year I hope to continue to grow it with more designs and hopefully attend a few craft fairs.  

Take a graphic design class- Madison is the graphic designer in the family. With his help I have picked up on the basics, but I would really like to learn more. It's never too late to learn a new skill.

Take more family pictures- There are only a handful of pictures of my whole family together. We have probably 1000's of Nora by now, but I want to make it a priority to get more shots of all of us. I'm sure they will make their way onto this blog. 

Spend more time with Nora outside of the house- We will be moving to a completely new town soon. It is important to me to be able to take Nora to new places and explore our new home as often as possible. 

More music, less TV- This is something I have always believed in but it is hard! I am always in a better mood when music is playing and Nora loves to dance so this is another top priority. 

Be healthier- This is on everyone's goal list. Since having a baby I have not been as healthy as I used to. Our new neighborhood is right next to a bike trail so I hope to be able to take Nora for walks once the weather warms up. From time to time I will be posting about my progress here, so stay tuned!

Live in the moment- Technology is everywhere in today's society so it is hard to get away from it, but I think it's important to live in the moment and appreciate what you have now. Since Nora is so young I don't want to miss a moment of her growing up. I will make more of an effort to unplug and detach myself from external distractions and just BE. 

What are your goals for 2014?




No comments:

Post a Comment