Monday, March 10, 2014

Square Hue March Box


Square Hue mail day is always a fun one. I have been so looking forward to the first of the month and my new box of polishes. This is my first subscription box and it is super fun. Square Hue is a nail polish subscription service that sends out a box of three new nail polishes each month. The company has philanthropic efforts to put an end to human trafficking. A portion of the proceeds are donated to prevention awareness, the protection of trafficked victims and the prosecution of human traffickers, which is pretty amazing if you ask me.




Each month's box has a theme. We are still in The Passport Collection, and this month's destination is Paris. I can clearly see the inspiration behind these shades. They are all neutrals and have an air of sophistication. I actually was able to try these polishes out this month! I swatched each one on my own nails so I can comment about the formulation of each one. Are you excited? Here we go.
First, we have Champs-Elyees, which is a creamy polish with lots of shimmer. I would consider this an ivory color with slight yellow and green undertones. It is certainly unique, I have never seen a color quite like this. The formula is the thickest of all three polishes. I painted my nails with this and it was opaque with three coats. Not bad by any means. This color seems so bridal to me, I might wear it if Madison and I ever decide to have a larger wedding ceremony. 


Next up is Notre Dame, a high gloss cream. This is a pretty nude shade, very classic in my opinion. The formulation is very thin, I painted one coat on my nails and did not get much color pay off. If I had been more patient, I would have built the color up, but I wanted to try them all at once so I didn't. One coat is better than none! I'm going to try this again because I do like the color, however I prefer opaque nail polish so hopefully this isn't too sheer. 


Lastly, we have Arc de Triomphe, a pinky, rosey, nude shimmer. Again, this is a very unique color and I can say with certainty that I don't have anything like this in my collection. Once again, I only tried one coat. And again, this is very sheer. The pink shimmer in this is super pretty when the light catches it, I imagine this would look lovely as a top coat over another nude shade. 


Overall, I like this collection, but not as much as I liked last month. I tend to be drawn towards brighter colors, but I have been wearing Champs- Elysees for two days now and it is lovely. This collection is so romantic, so it's hard not to be happy when you see it. I was on Instagram and saw that someone had used this collection for a French manicure. It looked really good, and how perfect? Paris collection... French manicure. I love it.

Let me know if you are liking my Square Hue reviews, I really like doing them so I hope you enjoy reading them. Maybe next month I'll even show my nail swatches and do adequate coats. Something to look forward to! We're getting real professional around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment