Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

When Nora was a teensy baby, my parents' next door neighbor (formally my next door neighbor) gifted her a beautiful handmade quilt. I was so surprised when we received it because it was just so thoughtful and perfect. Handmade gifts are my favorite regardless but I could just tell there was a lot of love put into this one. 

We used the quilt as a play mat for months until she was too big to lay on it anymore. I really love it so I didn't want to pack it away when she stopped using it. When we moved to Connecticut we were in need of more wall art for the nursery, so I decided the quilt would become a wall hanging.  

The reason for this post is simply to show you how we decided to hang the quilt. I searched the internet for modern ways to hang a quilt and came up pretty empty. Then one day as we were perusing the maze of our local Ikea, we saw a quilt hanging in one of the display rooms. They had simply used a curtain rod and clips to hang the quilt, but I loved the way that it looked! 

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Here is the quilt and the hanging supplies we bought. We bought two of these bracketsone roda package of finials and a package of clip rings. Everything came to around $20, which I think is pretty good considering it is reusable if we  actually wanted to hang a curtain. We also only used half of the clip rings so we can save those for another project. The only other thing needed was 4 screws, which we had already. 

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Here is the finished project after Madison hung it up for me. Still need to practice using that electric drill. I love the look of this, I think it's super cute and it fits nicely with the rest of the nursery decor. 

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

Isn't this the cutest thing? We went for a woodland critter theme with lots of brown and green so this fits in perfectly.

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

How To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.comHow To: Modern Quilt Hanging hellokelcey.blogspot.com

If you have a special quilt that your babe has gotten too big for, don't pack it away- hang it up! I am so happy that we have this piece on display now. I hope this has inspired you to take a non-convention approach to decorating! Let me know what you have been hanging on your walls lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment