Greetings! I have a great DIY beauty product for you today. I live in Connecticut, and the winter weather has not been too kind to my skin. If you live in a cold climate, I'm sure you can agree. Lately my complexion has been a little dull so I set out to change that. If you want a glowing, exfoliated face, follow the instructions below. I did this and my face feels amazing! It's so much softer and brighter looking. I can see a difference and am very happy with the results.
1. Gather your ingredients. I used natural cane sugar (but regular granulated sugar would work just as well), honey, the juice of one lemon, and cinnamon. Below you can see the benefits of each ingredient:
Sugar - the rough texture will slough off any dead skin and clean out your pores
Honey - moisturizing and soothing, naturally antibacterial so it will aid in the treatment and prevention of acne, full of antioxidants
Lemon - exfoliating, naturally brightens skin
Cinnamon - brings blood to the surface to naturally "plump" skin and give a nice flush
2. Juice that lemon! I used the juice of a whole lemon.
3. Add your ingredients to a bowl. I used about 1/4 cup sugar.
4. Add your lemon juice to the bowl, then the honey. I used about 1 tablespoon of honey.
5. Add in your cinnamon. I didn't measure this, just sprinkled some on top.
6. Mix it all up and put it on your face! I wet my face before applying the scrub and rubbed it in for a minute or two, then rinsed it all off. My skin instantly looked better! It felt so much softer, too. I had to resist touching it the rest of the day. I had a lot left over so I put the remainder in our refrigerator to save for later. I wouldn't recommend using this scrub more than twice a week, as the sugar is very course.
I hope you try this out, let me know if you do!