Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Free to Be a New Mom

Before I became a new mom, I thought I knew everything. The majority of my days were spent reading parenting websites and learning everything I could about my soon to arrive newborn. I was armed with an arsenal of knowledge and was going to be the best mom ever. Nora would be exclusively breast fed until age 1, we would never co-sleep, every baby product would be clean and sterile before it touched her sensitive skin, and the cry it out method was something I would never try. 


Then, all of a sudden, here she was. I'm pretty sure when we got home from the hospital, Madison and I looked at each other and said "now what?" I learned pretty quickly that all of my "rules" were not going to work, and we completely changed our parenting style. My dreams of breastfeeding were cut short when Nora wasn't getting full at any feeding. We certainly let Nora cry it out a few times because for the first few months of her life, all she did was cry. We also weren't so strict about sterilizing the pacifier every time she dropped it on to the couch. 


And you know what? She turned out okay. Once I let gave up on all of my preconceived notions, I was finally free to be a new mom. I enjoyed motherhood a lot more when I wasn't being so hard on myself. Life got easier and we all smiled more.


One thing I am happy I didn't change my mind on, was our laundry detergent. I knew newborns had sensitive skin, so I wanted to pick a detergent that would be gentle enough that it wouldn't irritate her. We chose all free clear to be our family detergent. It worked wonderfully and Nora never had any issues with it. all free clear is the #1 recommended detergent brand by Dermatologists, Allergists, and Pediatricians for sensitive skin. It's tough on stains yet gentle enough for the whole family. Plus, it's safe for use in standard and HE machines. It rinses clean and has a gentle, hypoallergenic formula. 


Now, instead of worrying about delicate new born skin, we worry about stains. Luckily, all free clear has grown with our family. Their detergent with stainlifters is perfect to get out of all the toddler messes with live with now. 

I am truly glad that out of all of my "mom rules" the one thing I stuck with was hypoallergenic laundry detergent. I was free to be a new mom and know my baby was not being exposed to harsh dyes or synthetic scents. 


What were your new mom rules? Were you worried about your laundry detergent or any other cleaning products? If you have tried all free clear let me know how you like it. Make sure to click the link below to learn more about all and the new hypoallergenic laundry products they offer, including dyer sheets and fabric softener. We can't wait to try them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment